The Middleman: The Collected Series Indispensability - Javier Grillo-Marxuach, Les McClaine, Jon Siruno After watching the TV series "The Middleman," I knew that I really wanted to read the comic book it was based on. Most of the storylines in this collected omnibus of all of the comic books were later used in the series, but I enjoyed seeing them again in comic book form with some additional material (and some special effects that are easier to draw than create for television). As a fan of the television series, it is fun to see how the concept of the characters and storylines either stayed the same or changed due to casting and other creative decisions. There are also some panels of art that were so fun that I want to photocopy them and hang them on the wall. THE MIDDLEMAN comic books feels a lot like the television series -- a fun, witty story that does not take itself too seriously and yet has a big heart. Especially for anyone who is a major fan of the television series, I feel this volume is truly indispensable.